Tuesday 8 September 2009

New to Skylark: Gregor Harvie

Gregor Harvie is the second new artist to join the Skylark 2 team, after Deana Lee (see below). He has a background in environmental design and architecture, and his experimental abstract paintings are informed by the works of Jackson Pollock, Terry Winters and David Reed.

"I am delighted to join Skylark 2 and hope it will be a long and fruitful relationship. I have been exhibiting in London since 2001 when I graduated from art college. I also have a PhD in environmental design and I am a qualified architect.

"My paintings explore our sense of ourselves and how we view ourselves in diverse and contradictory ways. At the moment, I am working on GENE MEME, an installation of paintings and prose about world population that will open next year. Please have a look at the project blog www.genememeart.blogspot.com where you can watch a trailer for the installation and vote on whether you think world population is a problem."

We welcome Gregor and Deana to the Skylark group of artists.

Pictured right, 97w, watercolour on paper

No comments: